Monday 29 September 2008

Cabot circus: special commemorative quiz

For those of you who haven't yet had the privilege of visiting Cabot Circus, I think it's only fair to give you a idea of what to expect. Simply answer one simple question, and enlightenment will be yours.

Which of the following statements do you most identify with?

a. When I heard they were opening an Apple Shop in Bristol city centre, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

b. I am a 19 year old art student with a trust fund, but I can't find my way to Urban Outfitters on Oxford Street.

c. I can't wait to queue outside Patisserie Valerie to spend £7 on coffee and cake, just like in London Town.

d. I am Mike Norton, editor of the Evening Post.

e. None of the above.

Answered a, b, c or d? Congratulations, Cabot Circus will rock your world.

Answered e? You may find yourself underwhelmed and/or reminded of Reading city centre.

3 comments:

SteveL said...

What about "none of the above but my spouse is excited about carluccios, and since it saves driving all the way to kensington for lunch, means that carboot circus will be environmentally beneficial?"

Chris Hutt said...

But Steve for every person from Bristol who no longer "needs" to drive to London for lunch at Carluccio's there will be someone from Truro or Exeter or Swansea who can now drive to Bristol for the same purpose.

Tim Beadle said...

Possibly (a), but only because it would mean not having to use the "services" of Western Computer at Temple Gate. Otherwise, (e). I haven't visited yet, and I'm not rushing to do so.

A pedantic point: Reading, despite its size, isn't a city.